How To Improve Webcam fps
Use the following techniques to maximize the frames per second produced by your webcam:
1) Clear the cache in your browser. It is also good to reboot your computer daily if you are in the habit of not turning it off. Some browsers perform better than others as well. I like to use Chrome when on my webcam.
2) Reboot your Internet router/modem to clear all cache.
3 Have good lighting on your face. Never have a light source, such as a window or lamp, behind you. Use a desk lamp if necessary to ensure there is good lighting between the webcam lens and your face.
4) Be sure to have your computer plugged in. A laptop running on batteries will reduce fps to conserve battery life.
5) Connect your computer to your router/modem with an ethernet cable instead of wireless.
6) Keep movement to a minimum. The less you move the less the video will change between frames, and your webcam will produce a better image.
7) Wear solid color clothing if possible, and avoid stripes which cause the auto-focus lens to constantly adjust.
8) Try to avoid running any other programs at the same time as using your webcam. These programs consume your processor, leaving less for processing the video. Best to close other browser windows as well.